Moving to the Albuquerque Area?
Then you've probably got a lot on your plate. After all, you have to pack up an entire house, move into a new one, and navigate all of the details in the process—it can be a lot to handle! Luckily, you don't have to go at it alone. With years of experience in Albuquerque real estate, the Feil Team is here to make sure your move goes smoothly.
By using these helpful tips, you can expect a move that's more organized, less stressful, and ultimately successful. Any questions? Just give us a call, and we'll be around to answer them all along the way!
Albuquerque Moving Tips
With the right resources and the right professional on your side, you'll have a stress-free and successful Albuquerque area real estate experience. Need help kicking off your packing process? Browse a few of the steps below to get started.
Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Have a clear plan of action in place before you kick off your relocation journey. You'll need some important supplies to pack things away, and it always helps to declutter beforehand. Here's how to prepare for your move:
- Gather your packing materials — Search for spare boxes at local stores and buy supplies like heavy duty tape, packing peanuts, and anything else you might need.
- Start small — Pack up your home room-by-room, starting with the rooms you use the least.
- Downsize beforehand — From yard sales to online postings, there are plenty of ways to get rid of a few items and lighten your load.
- Review moving documents — Using professional movers? Make sure everything is in order and papers are signed with plenty of time before the move.
As Moving Day Approaches
Once your move is on the horizon, there are a few finishing touches to complete in the days and weeks beforehand:
- Label everything — Make your unpacking process a little easier by carefully labelling each box based on room or contents.
- Pack fragile items last — Wrap glass dishes, picture frames, and other delicate items in bubble wrap or a spare sweater to ensure minimal breakage.
During the Move
When moving day finally arrives, keep all of your important items close by:
- Prepare an "essentials bag" — Fill a backpack with a few need-to-have items, like cash, chargers, important documents, and more.
- Make an "open me first" box — You're going to need a few things—like toilet paper, shampoo, towels, and sheets—right away. Make sure they're in a clearly labelled box towards the top.
- Clean before unpacking — The house may never be this empty again, so take sometime to clean every crack and corner thoroughly.
Relocate to Albuquerque with an Expert
The Albuquerque area is a one-of-a-kind place to call home, filled with beautiful homes, unique neighborhoods, and tons of things to do. As your local real estate professionals, our team is here help you find your dream home quickly and easily—and navigate any concerns or questions in the process. If you're ready to get started with your relocation journey, just give the Feil Team a call!